The Building Inclusive Communities conference would not be possible without our organizers, who help shape and create inclusion every day. We are honored to have two exceptional leaders as our 2015 honorary co-chairs:
Hubert “Hubie” Jones, Senior Adviser and Social Justice Entrepreneur-in-Residence, City Year
Hubie Jones has founded or co-founded more than two dozen successful nonprofit organizations, crossing the boundaries between social work, mental health, children’s advocacy, and the arts.
Diane Patrick,Co-Managing Partner, Ropes and Gray LLP
Diane Patrick has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. She has also been an outspoken advocate in the Commonwealth’s ongoing effort to end domestic violence.
BIC also sends a special thanks to our 2015 host committee, comprised of leaders in inclusion in many industries in the local, regional, national, and international sectors. They have provided the critical guidance and vision to make our program a valuable experience for all.
Our outstanding members include:
- Shirronda Almeida Director, Mel King Institute
- Phyllis Barajas Executive Director, Conexión
- Tim Barnicle Former Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Labor
- Steve Boswell President and Chief Executive Officer, Fenway Health
- Kelly Brown Director, D5 Coalition
- Jim Conway Adjunct Lecturer, Harvard School of Public Health (member, UMass Boston Board of Visitors)
- Sister Lena Deevy ED Emerita, Irish International Immigrant Center
- John Drew President and Chief Executive Officer, Action for Boston Community Development
- Michael Durkin President and Chief Executive Officer, United Way of Mass Bay, Inc.
- Dawn Frazier-Bohnert Vice President and Manager, Diversity and Inclusion, Liberty Mutual
- Carol Fulp President and Chief Executive Officer, The Partnership Inc.
- Jay Goldman Entrepreneur
- Bill Henderson Former Principal, Henderson Inclusion School
- Deborah Jackson President, Cambridge College
- Ira Jackson Vice Provost for Economic Planning/Resources and Special Projects, UMass Boston
- Jackie Jenkins-Scott President, Wheelock College
- Tom Kane Director, William Joiner Institute at UMass Boston
- Larry Kessler Director, Victory Programs – Boston Living Center
- Bill Kiernan Dean, School for Global Inclusion and Social Development, UMass Boston,
- Chrystal Kornegay Undersecretary, Massachusetts Department of Housing & Community Development
- Josh Kraft President and Chief Executive Officer, Boys and Girls Club of Greater Boston
- Ayeesha Lane Inclusion Initiative Program Manager, Third Sector New England
- Georgianna Melendez Interim Chief Diversity Officer and Executive Director, Commonwealth Compact – UMass Boston
- Jan Miller Executive Vice President, Commercial Lending, Eastern Bank
- Judy Palfrey, MD Pediatrician, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Ruth Palombo Senior Health Policy Officer, Tufts Health Plan Foundation
- Farah Pandith Adjunct Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, Harvard Univ.
- Jeffrey Poulos Executive Director, Associated Grant Makers
- Ayanna Presley Councilor At-Large, Boston City Council
- Steve Rothstein Executive Director, Citizen Schools
- Tom Sannicandro State Representative, Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Jo Ann Simons President and Chief Executive Officer, Cardinal Cushing Centers
- Gloria White-Hammond Pastor, Bethel AME Church
- Karen Young Chief of Inclusion, Harvard Pilgrim